Federal, BC Provincial and Vancouver City Wide Services


Alzheimer Society BC

UBC Hospital Clinic for Alzheimer Disease and Related Disorders, Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health
Phone: 604-822-7031 Fax: 604-822-7191
Patients are typically referred to UBCH CARD by a doctor. Concerned individuals, family members, friends or other health care professionals may also contact UBCH CARD. However, for an assessment to be scheduled, a referral must be provided by a doctor.

B.C. Housing Seniors
Housing Registry Inquiries: 604-433-2218 or toll free at 1-800-257-7756 outside the lower mainland

B.C. RCMP Senior Safety and Elder Abuse — Protecting Yourself

Canada Pension and Old Age Security

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Dial 211
BC 211 provides information and referral to social, community and government services in the Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley and Squamish-Lillooet Regional Districts.

Dial 311 City of Vancouver
Outside Vancouver or are unable to reach 311, phone: 604-873-7000, TTY service: 604-873-7193. Residents and businesses of Vancouver can call 311 from landlines and cell phones within city limits for information and services, including: service needs such as traffic signal repairs; information requests regarding traffic / parking issues; concerns regarding parking tickets, noise, graffiti, building maintenance standards violations etc.

The Contact Centre is open 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., 7 days a week, 365 days per year.

Dial 811
The 811 hotline offers non-emergency health advice - British Columbia

Dying with Dignity - End of Life Planning
regarding upcoming events or volunteer opportunities

Home Owner Grant and Low Income Supplement
call Vancouver City Hall at 311 or your local municipality

Medical Services Plan BC

NIDUS - Representation Agreements - Personal Planning

Office of the Assisted Living Registrar
Telephone: (250) 952-1369 (Victoria)
Toll Free: 1-866-714-3378
By Mail: Assisted Living Registry Ministry of Health PO Box 9638 Stn Prov Govt Victoria, B.C. V8W 9P1

Office of the Ombudsperson
Toll-free: 1-800-567-3247 (all of B.C.)
Local (Greater Victoria area): 250-387-5855
In Person: 947 Fort Street - 2nd floor, Victoria, B.C., Canada V8V 3K3
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday
By Mail: PO Box 9039 STN PROV GOVT, Victoria, B.C. V8W 9A5 Canada

Patient Care and Quality Control Complaints
Facts, Questions and Process
Telephone: 1-866-952-2448.
Fax: 250-952-2428
By Mail: PO Box 9643, Victoria BC V8W 9V1
If you are unable to submit a written request, please call 1-866-952-2448. A review board officer will complete the form on your behalf and send you a copy for you to sign.

PharmaCare Plan
Vancouver: 604-683-7151,
Rest of BC: 1-800-663-7100

Property Tax Deferment Program

Victoria 250-356-8121 Vancouver 604-660-2421 or 1-800-663-7867 (then ask to be transferred to 250-356-8121)

Provincial Seniors Advocate
Toll-free 1-877-952-3181, In Victoria: 250-952-3181

PharmaCare BC
Lower Mainland, call 604 683-7151
Rest of B.C., call toll-free 1 800 663-7100

SAFER ( Shelter Aid for Elderly Residents)
604-433-2218, or 1-800-257-7756 outside the Lower Mainland

Seniors Advocacy & Information Line (SAIL)
For people aged 55+ 1-866-437-1940

Seniors Health Care Support Line
For patient care, quality, concerns and complaints. 1-877-952-3181 for all residents of BC.

TRAC - Tennants Resource and Advisory Centre
604-225-0546 or 1-800-665-1185
Mon - Fri 8 am - 4 pm

Veterans Affairs Canada - Anciens Combattants Canada

In case of Emergency dial 911 for police, fire or ambulance.







Book now for a private, 2-hour, personal consultation in order to begin assessing what you need to consider when planning for later life. We cover topics such as family and professional support systems, aging in place, financial viability, health and well being, legal and end of life reviews and much more. Where ever the conversation leads us, we touch on your thoughts and concerns.
Let us assist you! Contact Us


Seniors Advocate - Barb Kirby
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
(604) 767-4994